* The BSE index rises 0.17 percent to 19,338.68, while
the NSE index up 0.18 percent at 5,881.45.
* Reliance Industries extends gains to more than 2
percent after a report in The Economic Times newspaper said the
oil ministry is poised to approve the company's investment plans
for the controversial KG-D6 block, setting the stage for
reversing the sharp decline in output by developing new fields,
citing government sources. link.reuters.com/vyn44t
* Banks' shares gain on hopes of more open market operations
from the Reserve Bank India and some monetary easing by December
end, dealers say. ICICI Bank up 1.5 percent.
* RBI earlier in the day conducted an auction to buy up to 120
billion rupees of debt, including the benchmark 8.15 percent
2022 bond and the 8.19 percent 2020 bond.
* Retail shares such as Pantaloon Retail India trade
flat ahead of a crucial vote in parliament on foreign direct
investment in multi-brand retail.