* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange up 0.48
percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan
also gains 0.57 percent.
* Asian shares were little changed on Wednesday, with prices
capped by continuing concerns over whether the United States can
avert an economic slump as lawmakers struggle to break a budget
impasse by year end.
* Foreign investors bought 5.4 billion rupees of stocks, while
domestic institutions sold 4.34 billion rupees on Tuesday, when
the BSE index gained 0.22 percent.
* FII investments in stocks have reached 1.06 trillion rupees
($20.23 billion) so far in 2012, on the back of reform
initiatives taken by the government.
* Lower house of India's parliament will likely vote on
Wednesday on supermarket reform.
* Analysts say market's movement will depend on the outcome of
the parliament vote.