* The BSE index up 0.35 percent at 19,416.51 and the
NSE index gains 0.24 percent to 5,903.85, keeping gains
before lawmakers vote on government move to allow FDI in retail.
* State Bank of India shares up 1.66 percent. Diwakar
Gupta, managing director and chief financial officer at SBI told
reporters on Wednesday that the Indian government is looking to
infuse 40 billion rupees ($732 million) in the bank.
* Tata Motors shares rose 2.3 percent, buoyed by a Morgan
Stanley report which maintained its 'overweight' rating and is
optimistic of a strong rebound in sales in Jan-March quarter.
* Property developer DLF Ltd shares up 3 percent on
hopes of strong pick up in new launches in the second half of
FY13 on the back of favourable product-mix skewed towards
premium/luxury segment or plotted development, dealers say.
* Traders say mid-cap and small cap indexes continue to
outperform the benchmark, in a sign of structural bullishness.