* The BSE index gains 0.05 percent and the NSE index
is down 0.02 percent
* ITC falls 0.5 percent on profit booking after it
touched its all-time high of 303 rupees earlier in the day.
* However, four-wheeler stocks such as Maruti Suzuki India
gain. Maruti up 2.5 percent on reports of price hike
* Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP), which had abstained in the lower
house, said it would vote in support of foreign direct
investment in the upper house of parliament on Friday.
* Traders say while markets remain susceptible to profit booking
after India's benchmark index rose 5.6 percent till Thursday,
since Nov. 22, when the winter session of parliament began, vote
on FDI remains the key for near term direction.