* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange up 0.28
percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan
also gains 0.46 percent.
* Asian shares rose as strong overnight performances in global
equities and firmer economic sentiment in Germany buoyed
sentiment, while the dollar was pressured ahead of the outcome
of the U.S. Federal Reserve's policy meeting later in the day.
* Foreign investors bought 13.09 billion rupees of stocks, while
domestic institutions sold stocks of 10.28 billion rupees on
Tuesday, when the BSE index fell 0.12 percent.
* Traders are keeping a close watch on developments pertaining
to the banking reform bill.
* October industrial output and November retail inflation key
data points ahead of RBI's meet on Dec. 18.