* The BSE index 0.18 percent up while the NSE index
gains 0.21 percent.
* The traders are cautious and await outcome of inflation data
on Friday for more clarity on central banks policy meet next
* A Reuters poll of 32 economists taken over the past week
showed they expect wholesale prices rose 7.60
percent in November from a year earlier, compared with 7.45
percent in October. Forecasts ranged from 7.12 percent to 8.10
* Shares of Hindustan Unilever down 1.4 percent
following news that Unilever's Indonesian subsidiary has agreed
to pay a higher royalty payment to Unilever Plc.
* Auto shares were leading the gains on expectation of higher
sales in December due to year end discounts that are offered by
the auto companies.
* Tata Motors rose 2.5 percent while Maruti Suzuki
gains 1.2 percent
* India raised $1.1 billion selling a stake in miner NMDC Ltd
in a fillip for its efforts to rein in a widening
fiscal deficit through sales of state assets. NMDC gained 2.5