* The BSE index is down 0.51 percent and the NSE index
falls 0.55 percent.
* BSE index is heading towards its fifth day of decline on
Thursday as market participants await the outcome of inflation
numbers on Friday that will set the tone for the central bank's
policy meeting on Dec. 18.
* Wholesale prices likely rose 7.60 percent in
November from a year earlier, compared with 7.45 percent in
October, a Reuters poll showed.
* Index heavyweight ITC falls 3.7 percent after FTSE
lowered its free float weighting for the cigarette maker in its
global equity index series, according to the website of the
* Cement maker ACC falls 3 percent after the board
approved payment of technology and knowhow fees to its parent
* Tata Motors gains 4.3 percent, ahead of Jaguar Land
Rover unit's wholesale volume numbers.