* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange 0.11 percent
higher. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan
is also 0.24 percent up.
* Asian shares snapped a week-long winning streak on Friday,
tracking global equities lower, on concerns that U.S. lawmakers
are still too far apart to avert a fiscal crisis with an
end-of-year deadline looming.
* Foreign investors bought 12.56 billion rupees of stocks, while
domestic institutions sold stocks worth 6.65 billion rupees on
Thursday. The BSE index fell 0.65 percent.
* Traders eye November inflation data for further direction with
expectations it probably picked up in November as a weak
currency pushed up the price of imported fuel, a Reuters poll
* India's cabinet approved the creation of a special panel on
Thursday with watered-down powers to speed up the notoriously
slow implementation of big-ticket infrastructure projects.