* The BSE index is up 0.01 percent while the NSE index
falls 0.02 percent.
* The traders are cautious and await outcome of the inflation
data due later in the day and for more clarity on the central
bank's policy meet next week.
* A Reuters poll of 32 economists taken over the past week
showed they expect wholesale prices rose 7.60
percent in November from a year earlier, compared with 7.45
percent in October. Forecasts ranged from 7.12 percent to 8.10
* Capital goods maker, Larsen & Toubro gains 1 percent
after cabinet approved the creation of a special panel on
Thursday to speed up the implementation of big-ticket
* ITC falls 1.6 percent, down for a second day after
FTSE lowered its free float weighting for the cigarette maker in
its global equity index series.
* Fertiliser shares gain after the government approved a new
policy to encourage investment in urea manufacturing, in a move
seen expediting $6.5 billion in projects that have been held
* National Fertilizers is up 3.2 percent, Rashtriya
Chemicals and Fertilizers gains 2.8 percent, while
Chambal Fertilisers and Chemicals rise 1.7 percent.