* The BSE index is up 0.25 percent while the NSE index
gains 0.23 percent.
* Gains come after the wholesale price index rose a
slower-than-expected 7.24 percent.
* Stocks in rate-sensitive sectors such as banks and real estate
are leading the gains on rising hopes the Reserve Bank of India
will move towards easing interest rates starting early next
* The RBI's next policy review is on Dec. 18. Although the
central bank is not expected to ease policy then, traders said
they could cut the cash reserve ratio or sound more dovish on
* ICICI Bank gains 0.6 percent, while State Bank of
India is up 1.7 percent.
* In the real estate sector, DLF is up 1.3 percent
while Unitech gains 0.9 percent.