* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange fell 0.24
percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan
was 0.32 percent down.
* The Liberal Democratic Party of Japan's electoral triumph
propelled the yen to a 20-month low against the dollar that saw
the Nikkei stock average touch a 8-1/2-month high on
expectations of much better export earnings.
* Foreign investors bought 5.74 billion rupees of stocks, while
domestic institutions sold stocks worth 5.12 billion rupees on
Friday, when India's benchmark index rose 0.46 percent.
* Investors are now waiting for the Reserve Bank of India's rate
decision on Tuesday. Although the central bank is not expected
to ease policy then, traders said the central bank could cut the
cash reserve ratio or sound more dovish on inflation.
* Also on watch, parliament may approve banking bill to allow
more foreign capital flows.