* Shares of Jaiprakash Power Ventures Ltd fell as much
as 10.22 percent on Tuesday after the company's promoters sold
49.7 million shares, or about 2 percent of its equity, at an
average price of 39 rupees a share.
* The block deal was at a 6.14 percent discount to Monday's
closing price 41.55 rupees, according to Thomson Reuters data.
* The company raised about 1.94 billion rupees ($35.41 million)
in a series of block deals on the Bombay Stock Exchange, the
* Bank of America Merrill Lynch was the sole manager to the
transaction, according to two sources with direct knowledge of
* Jaiprakash Power and Bank of America Merrill officials were
not immediately available to comment.
($1 = 54.7900 rupees)