* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange gain 0.06
percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index, excluding Japan
is down 0.14 percent.
* Asian shares paused on Thursday after rallying to their
highest in nearly 17 months the day before, as talks to avert a
U.S. fiscal crisis stalled - prompting worries of the world's
largest economy sliding back into recession.
* Foreign investors bought 12.45 billion rupees of stocks, while
domestic institutions sold 3.69 billion rupees of stocks on
Wednesday, when India's BSE index rose 0.57 percent.
* Traders expect rally in rate sensitives to continue alongside
value buying in technology stocks.
* The result of the Gujarat state election will be announced on
Thursday. (roughly 0530 GMT onwards).
* India's upper house of parliament will consider amendments to
the banking bill on Thursday afternoon.