* The BSE index is down 0.14 percent and the NSE index
falls 0.16 percent.
* Banks such as HDFC Bank falls on profit-taking after
recent gains as optimism surrounding the passing of a banking
bill began to fade.
* HDFC Bank falls 0.8 percent while State Bank of India
is down 0.6 percent.
* India's upper house of parliament will consider amendments to
the banking bill on Thursday afternoon.
* However, stocks such as Infosys gains 0.4 percent, up for a
second day after recent losses were seen as overdone