* The BSE index up 0.25 percent and the NSE index
0.17 percent higher, tracking steady Asian markets.
* Export-driven technology shares leading gains on the back of
short covering as recent underperformance was seen overdone.
* Infosys gains 1.2 percent after falling 5.75 percent
this month as on Friday's close, while Tata Consultancy Services
up 0.8 percent.
* Shares in State Bank of India gain 0.8 percent on
media reports the government has approved fund infusion of 30.04
billion rupees for the state-run lender.
* Glenmark Pharmaceuticals shares up 2 percent,
following news the unit entered into a development agreement
with Forest Laboratories, which will make upfront payment of $6
million to the Indian drug maker.