* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange gain 0.06
percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index, excluding Japan
is up 0.08 percent.
* Investors will watch the progress in the talks in Washington
on how to avert the "fiscal cliff", $600 billion worth of tax
hikes and spending cuts to take effect in the new year, after
the Christmas break.
* Foreign investors bought 4.6 billion rupees of stocks, while
domestic institutions sold 2.4 billion rupees of stocks on
Monday, when India's BSE index closed little changed at
* Traders feel the market has consolidated around current levels
and further policy reforms are necessary for the market to scale
new highs at a time when domestic flows are muted.
* Credit Analysis and Research Limited (CARE) shares are set to
list on Wednesday.