* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange gain 0.21
percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index, excluding Japan
is up 0.03 percent.
* Asian shares outside Japan edged up on Monday, supported by
data showing the U.S. economy continuing on a path of slow but
steady recovery that had pushed Wall Street stocks to a
* Foreign investors bought 11.64 billion rupees of stocks, while
domestic institutions sold 8.25 billion rupees of stocks on
Friday, when India's BSE index rose 0.1 percent.
* Indian shares are expected to remain in a narrow range ahead
of the October-December quarterly results from IT bellwether
Infosys Ltd on Friday, which will kick off the
earnings reporting season.
* The market to also keep an eye on the Reserve Bank of India's
Deputy Governor K.C. Chakrabarty and finance ministry officials'
pre-budget discussion with bankers and representatives of
financial institutions in Delhi. (0630 GMT)