* Shares in India's Maruti Suzuki gain 2.8 percent
after earlier touching its highest level since Jan 4, 2011,
after CLSA upgraded the stock to 'buy' from 'sell' with a target
price of 1,915 rupees.
* CLSA says Maruti's earnings is improving, with passenger
vehicle demand seen gradually recovering over fiscal 2014-15 on
the back of improving economic growth and falling interest
rates, according to a note dated on Saturday.
* The brokerage also says Maruti's renewed focus on exports and
the launch of a new compact sports utility vehicle will add to
* Earnings sensitivity to the Japanese yen will also wane
as the company builds more cars in India and boosts exports,
* CLSA's upgrade comes as the majority of analysts already have
'buy' or equivalent ratings, with 14 'buy' and 19 'outperform'
ratings, as per I/B/E/S estimates.