* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange up 0.1
percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index, excluding Japan
is down 0.3 percent.
* Asian shares steadied on Tuesday but prices were capped by
investor caution ahead of corporate earnings season for the last
quarter of 2012 and the European Central Bank's policy meeting
later in the week.
* Foreign investors bought 9.63 billion rupees of stocks, while
domestic institutions sold 9.01 billion rupees of stocks on
Monday, when India's BSE index fell 0.5 percent.
* Traders say earnings remain key for the near-term trend, while
oil and gas stocks may remain in action as the government
continues to hint towards fuel subsidy rationalisation.
* Also on watch, Karnataka iron ore case in top court in India.