* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange up 0.06
percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index, excluding Japan
is up 0.35 percent.
* Asian shares inched up on Wednesday but the upside was limited
as investors waited warily for the corporate earnings season to
kick off in full force, preferring in the meantime to book
profits from a sharp rally at the start of the year.
* Foreign investors bought 8.87 billion rupees of stocks, while
domestic institutions sold 10.28 billion rupees of stocks on
Tuesday, when India's BSE index rose 0.26 percent.
* Traders say third-quarter earnings would be a key focus in the
near term, but don't expect any material positives. However, any
hint of positive earnings from IT major Infosys on Friday will
set a positive tone for the markets.
* Indusind Bank reports December quarter earnings
later in the day.