* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange rose 0.5
percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index, excluding Japan
gained 0.67 percent.
* Asian shares steadied on Thursday following an overnight rise
in global equities on early optimism about U.S. earnings, but
investors remained cautious ahead of China's trade data and the
European Central Bank meeting later in the day.
* Foreign investors bought 8.49 billion rupees of stocks, while
domestic institutions sold 5.18 billion rupees of stocks on
Wednesday, when India's BSE index fell 0.4 percent.
* Traders say third-quarter earnings would be a key focus in the
near term, and any hint of positive earnings from IT major
Infosys on Friday will set a positive tone for the markets.
* Sintex Industries reports December quarter earnings
later in the day.