* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange rose 0.3
percent. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index, excluding Japan
was up 0.45 percent.
* Asian shares edged higher on Friday, tracking overnight gains
in global equities markets after firm U.S. data signalled
strength in the world's largest economy, lifting sentiment ahead
of a batch of economic indicators from China later in the day
* Foreign investors bought 5.64 billion rupees of stocks while
domestic institutions sold 5.19 billion rupees of stocks on
Thursday, when India's BSE index rose 0.74 percent.
* Traders say oil stocks would be on watch as India's government
told fuel retailers to raise the prices of subsidised diesel in
small amounts every month starting Friday in an attempt to prop
up public finances without causing a popular backlash before
* Earnings on Friday: Wipro, ITC, Reliance
Industries, HDFC Bank Ltd.