* The BSE index is down 0.07 percent and the 50-share
NSE index falls 0.15 percent.
* Trading remains weak despite Finance Minister P Chidambaram
reassuring foreign investors on budget and rating on Tuesday,
with traders focusing on RBI's policy review next week.
* Leading the fall, Hindustan Unilever drops 4.5
percent on a slew of downgrades that came a day after the
company reported slower-than-expected volume growth and a hike
in royalty payments.
* Tata Motors shares fall 2.3 percent as traders cite
concerns over December quarter earnings.
* Syndicate Bank shares fall 7.2 percent after
adjusted profits missed estimates, dealers said.
* However, ZEE Entertainment shares gain 2.3 percent
after the company reported higher-than-expected margins and net
profit, which stood at 1.93 billion rupees in the December