* The BSE index rises 0.56 percent and the 50-share NSE
index is up 0.47 percent as rate-sensitive stocks lead
the rally ahead of a crucial central bank meeting on Tuesday.
* Although most economists expect the RBI to cut its policy repo
rate by 25 basis points in the policy meeting, a
bigger-than-expected reduction can bolster market sentiments.
* ICICI Bank Ltd gains 1 percent, while State Bank of
India rises 1.5 percent.
* Public sector banks such as Bank of Baroda and Bank
of India rise 4.4 percent and 4.08 percent respectively
as their valuations are cheap compared with private banks.
* Tata Motors shares rise 2.5 percent, recovering form
a 6.3 percent fall on Thursday that had been sparked by concerns
over Jaguar Land Rover unit's EBTIDA margins.
* Mahindra & Mahindra shares gain 2.2 percent.
* Property shares that benefit from lower rates also gain. DLF
rises 0.9 percent, while Unitech is up 5
percent after falling 7 percent on Thursday.