* The BSE index is down 0.14 percent and the 50-share
NSE index is down 0.07 percent.
* Some doubts creeping in about whether the RBI will indeed cut
the repo rate by 25 bps as widely expected after a central bank
report on Tuesday noted sustained fiscal consolidation was
needed to create room for monetary easing.
* State Bank of India falls 0.2 percent, while HDFC
Bank Ltd is down 0.9 percent.
* Among other rate-sensitive stocks, Tata Motors Ltd
falls 1.2 percent, while real estate developer DLF Ltd
is down 1.1 percent.
* However, Axis Bank Ltd gains 3.2 percent as dealers
cite good demand for its share sale of up to $1 billion.