* Investors in Bharti Airtel Ltd are keenly waiting
rival Idea Cellular Ltd's October-December earnings
results due later in the day.
* Idea is much smaller than Bharti in revenue terms, but both
mobile carriers operate on GSM technology and have similar kinds
* As well, both companies' mainstay is second-generation (2G)
voice although there has been a greater push in recent months to
increase revenue from mobile data.
* That may help explain why Idea and Bharti shares have seen a
correlation of 0.86 in the past three months.
* "Idea's numbers would also answer whether the 2G industry is
growing or not, which should have bearing on Bharti too," said
an analyst tracking the sector.