* The BSE index and the 50-share NSE index fall
0.4 percent each.
* ICICI Bank Ltd shares fall 1.3 percent, after
earlier hitting its highest since Nov. 16, 2010, on
profit-taking after the private sector bank posted a
forecast-beating 30.2 percent rise in third quarter net profit.
* ICICI bank shares have risen 6.5 percent this month as of
Wednesday's close on hopes of rate cut and better earnings.
* However, state-owned banks, which have cheaper valuations than
private sector peers, rally after reporting improved asset
quality in the October-December quarter.
* Punjab National Bank shares gain 6.5 percent, while
Union Bank of India shares are up 5 percent after
their earnings results.