* Shares in India's Bank of Baroda fall as much as 8
percent after the bank's October-December earnings disappointed
* The bank said in a statement its December-quarter net profit
fell to 10.12 billion rupees compared with 12.90 billion rupees
a year earlier, while non-performing loans increased to 1.12
percent versus 0.51 percent a year earlier.
* "The market was expecting better numbers," said Vaibhav
Agrawal, a banking analyst at Angel Broking.
* "Possibly, with the new management coming in, there has been
higher NPA recognition than what would have earlier been
* In January, the central government appointed S. S. Mundra as
chairman and managing director of the bank.
* Bank of Baroda shares were down 7.1 percent at 0718 GMT.