* The BSE index gains 0.21 percent, and the 50-share
NSE index also rises 0.2 percent, after dropping to more
than a four-week low on Tuesday and falling for five sessions
out of six.
* Investors are cautious ahead of the 2013/14 federal budget to
be unveiled later this month, which is seen as a key test of
commitments to shore up finance.
* Foreign institutional investors can buy up to 49 percent
shares in Infrastructure Developers Ltd and up to 30
percent in Radico Khaitan Ltd, the Reserve Bank of
India said, raising the limits under portfolio investment
* IRB Infra share gain 2.5 percent, Radico shares rise 3
* Leading the rise: State Bank of India rises 0.7
percent on value buying, while Sun Pharmaceuticals up
0.9 percent on U.S. nod for cancer drug.