* The BSE index falls 0.1 percent, and the 50-share NSE
index also down 0.07 percent.
* Shares in India's Cipla Ltd fall 1.8 percent, a day
after the company's October-December net profit missed
* Morgan Stanley and CLSA also downgrade their ratings on Cipla,
citing lower-than-expected margins and earnings outlook.
* State-run power utility NTPC Ltd's shares fell 1.2
percent after the floor price of its share sale, scheduled later
in the day, was set at 145 rupees, or a 4.5 percent discount to
its Wednesday's close.
* Investors continue to remain cautious ahead of the 2013/14
federal budget to be announced later this month, which is seen
as a key test of commitments to shore up finance.