* The BSE index gains 0.14 percent, while the 50-share
NSE index falls 0.02 percent.
* Cement companies fall after October-December earnings fail to
impress market participants. ACC Ltd falls 2.12 percent
and Ambuja Cement Ltd is down 4.8 percent.
* Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd shares fall 1.2 percent
ahead of December quarter earnings.
* However, Infosys Ltd rises 0.4 percent and Tata
Consultancy Services Ltd is up 2.9 percent after
* The results confirm that revenues of Indian software services
exporters continue to outperform Cognizant's, making the
U.S.-listed IT company still not too much of a competitive