* The BSE index falls 0.02 percent and the 50-share NSE
index is down 0.1 percent.
* Shares on the back foot after industrial output in December
contracted 0.6 percent, the government said on Tuesday, compared
with expectations of growth of 1.1 percent.
* The data also showed consumer price inflation
accelerated to 10.79 percent in January from the previous month.
* ICICI Bank is down 0.6 percent, while State Bank of
India falls 0.5 percent after the CPI data.
* Larsen & Toubro Ltd is down 0.4 percent after IIP
numbers while Jindal Steel & Power Ltd falls 1.4
percent ahead of its October-December earnings later in the day.
* Shares in India's state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp Ltd
rose 2 percent a day after its October-December net
profit beat market expectations.