* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange rose 0.19
percent and the MSCI-Asia Pacific index excluding Japan
was up 0.72 percent.
* Asian shares inched higher on Wednesday while the yen was
firmer amid conflicting interpretations of G7 comments about its
* Foreign investors bought 6.04 billion rupees of stocks, while
domestic institutions sold 4.12 billion rupees of stocks on
Tuesday, when the BSE index rose 0.52 percent.
* All eyes are now on January WPI data, due on Thursday, which
is expected to have eased to its lowest level in three years,
due to a smaller rise in prices of manufactured goods, according
to a Reuters poll.
* Earnings on Wednesday: Tata Steel, Coal India