* USD/INR higher as local stocks in losses, euro
weakness. Pair at 54.04/05, off 53.85 lows, versus 53.92/93
* Pair is headed for second week of gains, up 1.07 percent.
* "USD/INR seen biddish from morning on euro weakness and
because of the fact that lesser number of working days next
week," says a private bank dealer. The forex market is shut on
Tuesday for a local holiday.
* Local shares down 0.5 percent.
* The euro was weaker against the dollar with real money
investors cited as sellers. The single currency was down 0.2
percent on the day at $1.3336, not far from a three-week low of