* The BSE index gains 0.14 percent and the 50-share NSE
index is up 0.18 percent.
* Shares in Reliance Industries extend gains to 3
percent, after the company said it will invest over $5 billion
in the next three to five years jointly with UK partner BP
to boost declining output at a key natural gas field off
India's east coast.
* Oil marketing companies trading higher, with traders saying
that oil and gas stocks are likely to benefit from government
reforms in the sector.
* Indian Oil Corp up 1.1 percent, Bharat Petroleum Corp
gains 3 percent and Hindustan Petroleum Corp
is up 2.8 percent.
* DLF shares gain 3.7 percent, hitting their highest
level since Jan. 11, 2011, on continued hopes of an earnings
recovery and on a CLSA upgrade. The property developer gained
8.6 percent in the previous two sessions.