BRIEF-New Venturetec H1 net loss narrows to $0.65 million
* CLOSED THE FIRST SIX MONTHS OF THE FISCAL YEAR 2016/17 WITH A LOSS OF USD 650,515 COMPARED WITH A LOSS OF USD 52,298,743 IN THE SAME PERIOD 2015/16
Jan 3 Sports Direct
* Sports Direct shareholder Aberdeen Asset Management says to oppose re-election of chairman Keith Hellawell at Jan. 5 meeting.
* "Though we welcome the positive progress the company has made over the last three months we remain deeply concerned about its governance," Paul Lee, Head of Corporate Governance, said.
* Aberdeen is the 31st biggest shareholder in Sports Direct, Thomson Reuters data showed. Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: (Reporting By Simon Jessop)
* CEO forecasts FY rent values to be flat to down 7.5 percent on a like-for-like basis