Jaded Greeks resigned to more austerity
ATHENS, Feb 21 When asked what he thought about the prospect of yet more austerity to be imposed on Greece by its international creditors, Nicos Papapetrou was fairly short.
Jan 12 Portugal's Millennium bcp-Banco Comercial Portugues SA says in a presentation of a previously announced 1.3 billion euro rights issue:
* Targets return on equity of around 10 percent in 2018 on a stronger equity base, with fully-implemented common equity Tier 1 capital ratio of 11 percent. In the first nine months of 2016 ROE was a negative 7.7 pct.
* Sees potential return to dividend payments, with an intended payout ratio of 40 percent or more by 2018.
* Sees loans to deposits below 100 percent by 2018.
* Cost of risk to fall to less than 75 basis points from 221 points last year.
* Cost-to-income ratio seen below 43 percent by 2018 after 46 percent last year. Source text: here
Further company coverage: (Reporting by Andrei Khalip)
Abu Dhabi, Feb 21 The United Arab Emirates (UAE) announced 4.07 billion dirhams ($1.11 billion) in defence procurement contracts on Tuesday, the third day of the biennial International Defence Exhibition (Idex) in Abu Dhabi.
COLOMBO, Feb 21 The Sri Lankan rupee declined for a fifth straight session on Tuesday as offshore investors sold government securities amid concerns over further depreciation in the local currency, dealers said.