Oct 11 (Reuters) - United Continental Holdings Inc:
* Now expects Q3 consolidated passenger unit revenue to decline 5.5 percent-6 percent versus Q3 of 2015
* United reports September 2016 operational performance
* UAL's September 2016 consolidated traffic (revenue passenger miles) increased 3.9 percent
* United Continental Holdings Inc - expects third-quarter 2016 consolidated passenger unit revenue to decline 5.5 to 6.0 percent compared to q3 of 2015
* Sept consolidated capacity (available seat miles) increased 3.6 percent versus september 2015
* United Continental Holdings Inc - UAL's September 2016 consolidated load factor increased 0.3 points compared to september 2015.
* United Continental Holdings Inc - Sept RPMS 17.52 billion, up 3.9 percent; Sept ASMS 21.06 billion, up 3.6 percent Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: