May 26 (Reuters) - Uniqa says:
* Uniqa says Q1 premiums written fall 15.7 percent to 1.72 billion eur due to proactive reduction in single premiums in life insurance
* Uniqa says combined ratio improves to 95.8 percent from 98.8 percent due to "very positive business development in Austria and in the international markets"
* Q1 Net Investment Income falls 47.1 pct to 125.5 mln eur, hit by weaker dollar and intensification of low interest environment
* Uniqa says expects investment income to increase again as the year progresses
* Uniqa says Q1 net profit falls 56.9 percent to 33.2 million eur, pretax profit falls 55.7 percent to 41.6 million eur
* Year pretax profit as much as 50 percent lower than in 2015 Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage: