MUMBAI State-run lender IDBI Bank Ltd (IDBI.NS) said on Tuesday it is not being investigated by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) over a loan to the now-grounded carrier Kingfisher Airlines Ltd (KING.NS).
The CBI has launched an initial probe over the loan against both companies, a spokeswoman for the agency said on Saturday.
"The preliminary enquiry initiated by CBI a few months ago is against the borrower...and not against IDBI Bank, as reported in the media," the lender said in a stock exchange filing.
"The Bank has been providing all the information and documents sought by the agency in the matter and will continue to extend full assistance to the agency in the said enquiry," it said.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy; Editing by Anupama Dwivedi)
Trending On Reuters
- Lackluster U.S., China sales drag on Ford Motor profit, shares tumble
- Fall in Volkswagen brand profit shows lasting effects of scandal
- Shell misses expectations as earnings plunge on oil, BG costs
- SoftBank sees sharp recovery for Sprint, flags much investment for ARM
- Facebook shares hit record high as it beats estimates again