NEW DELHI Finance Minister Arun Jaitley will present the budget for the 2014/15 financial year on July 10, government sources said, three days after the parliament begins its budget session.
The new government, led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, will present the railway budget on July 8 and the country's economic survey on July 9.
The budget session of parliament is scheduled to conclude on Aug. 14, but it could be extended further, the sources said.
India's previous government presented an interim budget for 2014/15 to parliament on Feb. 17, ahead of national elections to cover expenditure until a new administration was installed.
(Reporting by Nigam Prusty; Editing by Malini Menon and Anand Basu)
Trending On Reuters
- Lackluster U.S., China sales drag on Ford Motor profit, shares tumble
- Fall in Volkswagen brand profit shows lasting effects of scandal
- Shell misses expectations as earnings plunge on oil, BG costs
- SoftBank sees sharp recovery for Sprint, flags much investment for ARM
- Facebook shares hit record high as it beats estimates again