NEW DELHI India's annual consumer price inflation accelerated to 10.56 percent in December from the previous month, government data showed on Monday.
Analysts had expected retail prices to rise an annual 10.20 percent, above 9.90 percent in November.
India's retail inflation is the highest among the BRICS group of emerging economies - Brazil, Russia, China, and South Africa.
Food prices for consumers rose 13.04 percent in December from 11.81 percent in November.
(Reporting by Rajesh Kumar Singh; Editing by Anand Basu)
Trending On Reuters
- Lackluster U.S., China sales drag on Ford Motor profit, shares tumble
- Fall in Volkswagen brand profit shows lasting effects of scandal
- Shell misses expectations as earnings plunge on oil, BG costs
- SoftBank sees sharp recovery for Sprint, flags much investment for ARM
- Facebook shares hit record high as it beats estimates again