MUMBAI India plans to appoint an auctioneer within the next three months for the third phase of FM radio frequency auction, a ministry official said on Wednesday.
"We hope to finish the first round of this auction by end of the year (2012)," Uday Kumar Varma, secretary, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, told Reuters.
India plans to sell over 850 FM radio frequency licenses in the third phase through an electronic auction.
(Reporting by Nandita Bose; Editing by Subhadip Sircar)
Trending On Reuters
- Lackluster U.S., China sales drag on Ford Motor profit, shares tumble
- Fall in Volkswagen brand profit shows lasting effects of scandal
- Shell misses expectations as earnings plunge on oil, BG costs
- SoftBank sees sharp recovery for Sprint, flags much investment for ARM
- Facebook shares hit record high as it beats estimates again