TOKYO An earthquake with a preliminary magnitude of 4.9 jolted Tokyo and nearby areas on Saturday, but no tsunami warning has been issued, Japan Meteorological Agency said.
Some trains were temporarily halted but are now back to normal service, public broadcaster NHK said. There were no immediate reports of damage.
The depth of the tremor was 80 km (50 miles) in Chiba prefecture, east of Tokyo, the Meteorological Agency said.
(Reporting by Yoko Kubota; Editing by Sanjeev Miglani)
Trending On Reuters
In the lead-up to an international court ruling on China's claims in the South China Sea this month, United States officials talked about rallying a coalition to impose "terrible" costs to Beijing's international reputation if flouted the court's decision. Full Article
- Obama urges Americans to get behind Clinton, slams Trump
- British-Bangladeshi survivor of cafe attack held at unknown location - lawyer
- Turkey dismisses military, shuts media outlets as crackdown deepens
- Lack of exercise costs world $67.5 billion and five million lives a year
- Trump draws ire after urging Russia to find 'missing' Clinton emails