KUALA LUMPUR Hijacking could not be ruled out and all possibilities were being investigated into why a Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 people went missing enroute from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, the chief Malaysian investigator said on Monday.
The investigator said Vietnamese authorities have not confirmed sighting any debris from the plane.
Flight MH370 disappeared early Saturday about an hour into its flight from Kuala Lumpur after climbing to a cruising altitude of 35,000 feet (10,670 metres).
(Reporting by Michael Perry)
Trending On Reuters
New York billionaire Donald Trump hopes that Indiana's nominating contest on Tuesday will make him unstoppable in what originally had seemed to many a quixotic quest for the Republican presidential nomination. Full Article
- N. Korea capital gears up for congress; South fears nuclear test
- Fire destroys 50 shelters in Myanmar camp for displaced - witness
- Spanish King calls national election for June 26
- U.S. service member killed in Iraq - U.S. defense chief
- Turkish warplanes hit PKK targets in northern Iraq, killing 18 - military sources