KUALA LUMPUR Hijacking could not be ruled out and all possibilities were being investigated into why a Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 people went missing enroute from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing, the chief Malaysian investigator said on Monday.
The investigator said Vietnamese authorities have not confirmed sighting any debris from the plane.
Flight MH370 disappeared early Saturday about an hour into its flight from Kuala Lumpur after climbing to a cruising altitude of 35,000 feet (10,670 metres).
(Reporting by Michael Perry)
Trending On Reuters
The Group of Seven industrial powers pledged to seek strong global growth, while papering over differences on currencies and stimulus policies and expressing concern over North Korea, Russia and maritime disputes involving China. Ready
- U.S. sees first case of bacteria resistant to all antibiotics
- Vietnam restricted access to Facebook during Obama visit - activists
- Trump vows to undo Obama's climate agenda in appeal to oil sector
- China eyes turning South China Sea islands into Maldives-style resorts
- France sends underwater probes to EgyptAir search zone