BRUSSELS The European Union has offered to host an international meeting on Mali next month, a spokesman for EU foreign police chief Catherine Ashton said on Monday.
"We have offered to host on February 5 a ministerial meeting of the international support and follow-up group on the situation in Mali. That will be organised together with the African Union, ECOWAS (regional West African grouping) and the United Nations and will be organised in Brussels," spokesman Michael Mann told a reuglar European Commission briefing.
(Reporting by Adrian Croft; editing by Rex Merrifield)
Trending On Reuters
A photograph of a drowned migrant baby in the arms of a German rescuer was distributed on Monday by a humanitarian organization aiming to persuade European authorities to ensure safe passage to migrants, after hundreds are feared to have drowned in the Mediterranean last week. Full Article
- Outrage mounts over gorilla killing in boy's rescue at Ohio zoo
- Iraqi army storms to edge of Islamic State-held Falluja; fresh bombings hit Baghdad
- Chad's ex-leader Habre, Cold War-era ally of West, gets life in prison for atrocities
- Japan puts military on alert for possible North Korea missile launch
- Reconstruction of ruined palace begins in Kabul