BAMAKO Mali's interim president Diouncounda Traore has appointed Django Cissoko, a former Secretary General of the West African nation's presidency, as prime minister, Mali state television said on Tuesday.
Cissoko will replace Cheick Modibo Diarra who was forced to resign after he was arrested by soldiers who staged a coup in the Sahel nation in March.
(Reporting by Adama Diarra; Writing by Bate Felix; Editing by Michael Roddy)
Trending On Reuters
U.S. President Barack Obama on Saturday took aim at Democrats and Republicans alike in his final appearance headlining the star-studded White House correspondents' dinner, but saved his sharpest barbs for Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump. Full Article
- Aleppo bombed as Syrian army begins "calm" plan elsewhere
- Sadr followers dig in inside Baghdad's Green Zone, political crisis deepens
- Muslim favourite to run London after racially charged campaign
- Six killed in Texas floods as severe weather lashes central U.S
- Philippine island rebels free 10 Indonesian hostages