BRIEF-Assure Holdings announces Frankfurt listing under symbol 14G
* Assure Holdings Corp announces Frankfurt listing under symbol 14G Source text for Eikon: Further company coverage:
ZURICH Jan 10 The Swiss blue-chip SMI was seen opening 0.2 percent higher at 8,442 points on Tuesday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer .
The following are some of the main factors expected to affect Swiss stocks:
China National Chemical Corp (ChemChina) and Swiss pesticides and seeds group Syngenta AG have proposed remedies to the European Union's competition watchdog to address concerns over their $43 billion merger agreement.
For more click
The Swiss adhesives maker expects to boost sales by 6-8 percent this year, with operating profit growing even faster, as it opens six to eight new factories and three to four new national subsidiaries.
Sika AG said it boosted full-year 2016 revenue by 5.6 percent in local currencies to 5.75 billion Swiss francs ($5.68 billion). The company expects operating profit for the year of between 780 million francs and 800 million francs.
For more click
* The Swiss financial market infrastructure group SIX said it named Romeo Lacher as chairman. Lacher has been serving as interim chairman.
* Evolva said it expects 2016 revenues to be about a third lower than were expected in August, or between 9 and 10 million francs. The Swiss company, which said it believes it has a "good financial position," expects its Eversweet product to launch in 2018.
* SGS said it was making available a new strain of influenza virus for use as a challenge agent in clinical trials. It is also making an acquisition of a small company in Australia.
* Meyer Burger Technology said it has concluded two contracts with existing Asian customers amounting to a combined contract volume of about 20 million Swiss francs.
* Burkhalter said it is to acquire Bieri Elektrotechnik AG based near Thun which has 20 employees and generates around 5.5 million Swiss francs in annual sales.
* LifeWatch announced its decision to cease offering remote patient monitoring services in the area of INR coagulation measurement.
* The Swiss unemployment rate rose to 3.5 percent in December from 3.3 percent in the month earlier.
* Swiss Treasury to top up 0.5 pct bond maturing 2058 ($1 = 1.0120 Swiss francs) (Reporting by Zurich newsroom)
BOSTON, June 26 A former Massachusetts pharmacy executive was sentenced to nine years in prison on Monday after being convicted of racketeering and fraud charges for his role in a deadly U.S. meningitis outbreak in 2012.