ZURICH Jan 11 The Swiss blue-chip SMI
was seen opening 0.2 percent higher at 8,467 points on
Wednesday, according to premarket indications by bank Julius
The following are some of the main factors expected to
affect Swiss stocks:
* Clariant will be supplying process catalysts for
ammonia synthesis to two Indonesian plants together with
processing and licensing partner KBR, the Swiss group
* Sika said it is acquiring Bitbau Doerr, a
waterproofing system manufacturer, which is headquartered in
Innsbruck, Austria and In the past business year recorded sales
of 50 million Swiss francs ($49.19 million).
* Galenica has acquired physicians wholesaler
Pharmapool Ltd. The transaction was completed in early January
for a total value of 27.9 million Swiss francs.
* Helvetia said it is launching its own venture
fund for investments in start-ups at the beginning of 2017.
Around 55 million francs will be invested in approximately 25
companies over the next few years, the company said.
* Newron partner Zambon has granted Seqirus
exclusive rights to commercialise Parkinson's disease product
Xadago, an add-on therapy licensed from Newron, in Australia and
* Investis Holding said it successfully completed
the acquisition of Hauswartprofis.
* Gategroup said the SIX Exchange Regulation has
granted it several temporary exemptions from the obligations for
maintaining its listing.
* Kudelski said its cybersecurity division appointed
Philippe Borloz as its vice president of sales in the Europe,
Middle East and Africa region.
* Tecan appointed Klaus Lun head of its life
* Swiss Treasury announces yield from top up of 0.5 pct bond
($1 = 1.0165 Swiss francs)
(Reporting by Zurich newsroom)