ZURICH Feb 24 The Swiss blue-chip SMI
was seen opening 0.1 percent higher at 8580 points on Friday,
according to premarket indications by bank Julius Baer
The following are some of the main factors expected to
affect Swiss stocks:
* The speciality chemicals posted a 21.8 percent rise in net
profit for 2016 and said it will propose an increased dividend
For more news, click
* Cassiopea said its operating losses increased by
25.1 percent to 10.45 million euro during 2016. The company had
no operating revenues because all of its products are still in
* KTM Industries said it had succeeded in
arbritration proceedings regarding its sale of Peguform-Group
after a court rejected the claims of the buyer. The remaining
purchase price of about 20.4 million euros, that has been stored
in a trust account since the sale of the shareholding, will now
be allocated entirely to the KTM Industries corporate group.
* CPH Chemie said sales rose 3.5 percent to 434.8
million Swiss francs ($432.16 million) during 2016 and a net
loss of 7.7 million francs.
* Raiffeisen Schweiz said it increased its
revenue 2.7 percent to 3.1 billion Swiss francs during 2016,
while profit fell 6.6 percent to 754.1 million francs.
* Ascom Holding said it nominated Juerg Fedier to
be elected as a new member of the board.
* Calida Holding AG said it was acquiring German
e-commerce specialist Reich Online Services GmbH for an
* Myriad Group AG said it suffered a net loss of
$29.2 million in 2016 and said it was expecting stable Myriad
Connect revenues in 2017. It will hold an Investor Technical
Briefing Day on April 6.
* Basellandschaftliche Kantonalbank said its
annual profit increased by 2.4 percent to 133.6 million francs.
* Bachem Holding said it has appointed Alex
Faessler to its executive committee where he will have
responsibility for the the group's production sites as chief
($1 = 1.0061 Swiss francs)
(Reporting by Zurich newsroom)